Police Find Four Year Old Missouri Girl Pretending to Sleep at Site of Murder-Suicide

A clever four-year old girl pretended to be asleep while her father committed a double murder suicide

Just outside of St. Louis in the town of Bellefontaine, 31-year-old Durnubari Dubgor shot and killed his girlfriend Katrina Banks, 31, and her 15-year old son Kevin Robinson. Police received a call telling them there were three dead people.

The officers who responded to the call found Dugbor on the couch holding a 9mm pistol in one hand, a cell phone in the other. He had a self-inflicted gunshot wound to the head. It is, the officers believe, that Dugbor was the one who made the call shortly before taking his own life. Police believe Banks was shot in the living room first, and then her son was killed as he came to investigate the noise. Kevin escaped to the hallway after he was shot before collapsing and succumbing to his wounds. Officers searched the house and found a four-year-old girl pretending to be asleep in her room.


According to Jeremy Ihler, the Chief of Police for Bellefontaine Neighbors, the four-year-old heard the first gunshot around midnight. She found her mother on the floor upon entering the room. Dugbor told her to go back to her bedroom and she obeyed. She then heard several more gunshots.


Pictures posted to Facebook reveal that Banks and Dugbor had been engaged. Banks posted photos of the engagement ring with a caption that she had said yes. She would then post another picture of herself and Dugbor four days later. Police believe that Banks and Dugbor were together for at least four years because of the age of the girl, but custody arrangements for the girl are not clear.

The neighbors of the family say that they occasionally saw the girl playing outside and that Katrina and her son had been living in the house since 2014. They also reported to the police that Dugbor was known to stay occasionally, but it didn’t appear that he lived there. Dugbor also had a residence in St. Louis. Police had never been called to the house before, and no one involved in the shooting had a criminal record.

The family of Dugbor told police that there was no history of mental health problems. They had also never heard of any troubles in his relationship with Banks, and they had no idea why Dugbor would have killed her and her son. Police have yet to rule out mental illness as a factor however. Police Chief Jeremy Ihler also said that he believed with the right support and social services the incident could have been avoided.


Katrice Nobile, one of Katrina Banks’ friends, told the St. Louis Post-Dispatch that Banks was a good person who was destined for great things. The four-year-old was taken to hospital before being given to relatives. According to Police Chief Ihler, the main concern with the four-year old is that this is something she will likely be living with and dealing with for the rest of her life.

Don’t forget to SHARE this story with your friends and family on Facebook.

What do you think?

These Horror Movie Bath Bombs Are Terrifyingly Awesome

Heather Locklear Arrested for Domestic Violence