Here Are 20 Reasons Why
While us 70’s and 80’s kids were growing up, we were told by our parents how much tougher they were and how we had it too easy. Well it’s happening again, but it’s us saying that about the new, safer, “PC”, cloud floating generation of kids today. Check out these 20 examples that prove how tough we were versus today’s kids and let us know if you agree.
2. Families often drove across state lines to get Fireworks. It wasn’t just fun, it was encouraged.
3. Getting a cast was a badge of honor. Kids lined up on your first day back to school just to sign it.
4. Burning your legs on the hot metal and spinning on the merry go round until you flew off wasn’t “dangerous” it was normal Summer fun.
5. Gathering all your friends and riding in the back of your dads truck was a treat. And legal.
6. “Learning to drive” on your parents lap with no seat-belts was a thing to brag about.
7. We played outside without being under the constant eye of an adult.
8. We were ” Coppertone Babies” and it was fun to peel our skin.
9. Warm weather consisted of playing outside all day and coming home when the “street lights came on”.
10. Second hand smoke normally came from your parents or even your pediatrician.
11. One of your “chores” was to start dinner before your parents got home from work.
12. Seat belts in the back of the car? Never heard of em.
13. Not only did your mom likely have a smoke or two while she was pregnant with you, she probably did while having a few beers at the family BBQ.
14. Latch-Key-Kids got home from school, had a snack, did homework and started dinner.
15. There were no 18 year old “certified” babysitters you found on the web. When mom and dad were at work or wherever, the oldest sibling was in charge of the brood.
16. Structured, parent organized play dates didn’t exist. We found the house with all the bikes in the front yard and hung out there until “we” decided what to do next.
17. It may not have been right but it was the 70’s and 80’s after all and smoking was cool.
What do you think?