Beef Huevos Rancheros on Canadian Bacon Phase 1
This one is actually pretty quick depending on how readily available you have the ingredients. Packed with protein and so yummy!!!
- 6 Ounces ground beef
- 1/2 Cup canned green chili peppers
- 1/4 Teaspoon garlic powder
- 1 Teaspoon powdered chili pepper
- 1/4 Teaspoon ground cumin
- 1/4 Teaspoon oregano
- 1/4 Teaspoon salt
- 1/4 Teaspoon black pepper
- 4 Ounces Canadian bacon, 4 slices
- 4 large eggs
- 2 Ounces shredded Cheddar
- 2 Tablespoons fresh chopped cilantro
The directions for this dish call for scrambled eggs, but you can also serve them fried or poached.
- In a greased medium skillet, brown the beef over medium heat.
- Stir in chiles, garlic, chili powder, cumin, oregano, salt and pepper. Cook 5 10 minutes to blend the flavors.
- Lay the Canadian bacon slices over the top of the beef mixture to warm. Remove pan from heat and set aside.
- In another skillet, scramble eggs until firm.
- Place 1 piece of Canadian bacon on each plate, top with a quarter of the beef mixture and a quarter of the eggs. Sprinkle with cheese and chopped cilantro.